Sausage Mac & Cheese
Update your weeknight dinners with this beloved family favourite. This classic comfort food recipe has everything you could need – pasta, cheese & smoked Johnsonville sausage!
What You Need
1/2 pkg.(13.23 ounces / 375g) Johnsonville Smoked Original Recipe Pork Sausages, cut into bites OR
2 cupsuncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
2 tsppanko breadcrumbs
1/4 tspchopped parsley
2 tbspolive oil
1/2 cupfat-free milk
1 cupCanadian Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- In another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.
- Spread panko mixture on top and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.