Toasted Brioche, Spinach & Sausage Stuffing
Do you love a Thanksgiving Dinner that mixes uptown ingredients and down-home deliciousness? Then we have the stuffing for you. Chewy chunks of brioche add a hint of sweetness while Johnsonville® Country Style Honey Garlic Flavoured Sausages offer up just the right amount of savoury. It’s so good you might want to double the recipe.
What You Need
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread brioche cubes on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until golden brown (approx. 15 minutes), tossing once. Let cool completely. This step can also be done 1 day ahead; store bread in airtight container at room temperature.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add de-cased sausage and cook, breaking up into small pieces with wooden spoon. Cook until browned and fully cooked through, approx. 8 – 10 minutes. Place cooked sausage on paper towel lined sheet and let cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in the same skillet on medium-low heat. Add onion and fennel. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, approx 10-12 minutes.
- Grease a shallow baking dish. Whisk eggs in a large bowl; add in broth and whisk. Stir in sausage, the onion-fennel mix, spinach, salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Add bread and toss until evenly combined and bread has absorbed the liquid. Transfer to baking dish, top with remaining butter.
- Bake until stuffing is hot and the top is golden brown; approx 40 minutes.