Whiskey Sausage Apple Stuffing
Okay, so we called it Whiskey Sausage Apple Stuffing, but this Thanksgiving Dinner winner has so much more going for it. Raisins, pecans, fresh sage and cornbread – oh, and Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Meat – it just keeps on getting better. In fact, this stuffing superstar could be the biggest crowd pleaser around.
What You Need
8 cupscornbread stuffing
4 cupsdiced apples
1 1/2 cupapple juice
1pinch cayenne pepper
1 tspchopped fresh sage
1 1/2 cupunsalted butter
1 1/2 cuppecans
- Prep cornbread stuffing using your favourite recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together apples, raisins, apple juice, nutmeg, cayenne, pepper, cinnamon, sage, salt, butter, and whiskey. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage meat and cook, breaking up into small pieces with wooden spoon. Cook until browned and fully cooked through, approx. 8 – 10 minutes. Place cooked sausage on paper towel lined sheet and let cool.
- In a second bowl, add cooked chunked sausage, cornbread stuffing, and pecans; mix together.
- Spoon apple-raisin mixture over cornbread and sausage mixture. Mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a non-stick dish. Bake uncovered at 400°F for 35 – 45 minutes or until set and top crusted.