Italian Sausage Caprese Skewer
What’s a great way to add more flavor and deliciousness to a Caprese salad? Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage! This quick and easy recipe has all of your favorites: fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and juicy cherry tomatoes. The Johnsonville Sausage adds a whole new level of textures and flavors to put your mouth in heaven. Putting this delicious meal on skewers adds to its portability and appeal.
What You Need
- Cook the sausage according to the package directions for the grill or in a skillet.
- Cut each sausage into 4-5 pieces.
- Assemble each skewer alternating ingredients: tomato, basil, mozzarella and sausage.
- Arrange skewers on a platter, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic syrup.
- Sprinkle with salt and a grinding of fresh black pepper.