Farmer’s Market Sausage Soup
For a bountiful soup reminiscent of the day’s harvest, this recipe brings together a wide range of fresh veggies to create a balanced, light taste: carrots, onion, celery, zucchini, kale and summer squash.
What You Need
- Prepare sauages according to package instructions. Cool slightly; slice into 1/2-inch slices and set aside
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté carrots, onion and celery until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, broth, zucchini, squash, kale, tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Multi-Cooker Preparation: In the Multi-Cooker, add the sausage, oil, carrots, onion and celery. Select saute’ setting, cook and stir until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender; about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Secure lid on pot and close pressure-release valve. Select soup setting and pressure cook for 5 minutes; use quick pressure release to depressurize.