Johnsonville Italian Braised Stew
Soups and stews can be easily confused. With this recipe, you’ll realize that a hearty stew isn’t the same without Johnsonville. Enjoy all the great flavors and ingredients of this great dish, but without the signature flavors and textures of Johnsonville’s Italian Sausage, you’re only eating soup.
What You Need
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in pan.
- Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Add sausage links to pan; cook 12 to 14 minutes or until sausage is browned and almost cooked through.
- Transfer sausage links to cutting board and allow them to cool before coin slicing.
- Stir in carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, celery and Swiss chard into the Dutch oven. Add the barley, tomatoes, stock, wine, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add sliced sausage to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and continue to simmer for up to 1 hour or until the barley is cooked.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread.