Grilled Italian Sausage with Sweet and Sour Peppers
If you think you know sausage and peppers, think again! Take the big flavour of Johnsonville Italian Sausages and add bell peppers, almonds, raisins and onions to take the flavour to the next level. Add polenta and Italian dressing for the best sausage and peppers dish you have ever had!
What You Need
- In a small, nonstick skillet, toast almonds over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins; remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Return to medium-low heat, cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low. If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on coals.
- In a bowl, combine peppers and onion wedges. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Place sausages and vegetables on grill, and use tongs to turn often.
- Grill covered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned, and vegetables are tender.
- While sausages and vegetables are grilling, brush polenta slices with Italian dressing. Carefully place on grill, 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Remove vegetables from grill. Place in a large bowl and add prepared almond mixture; toss gently.
- On a large platter, arrange grilled sausages, vegetables and polenta. Serve.