Mild Italian Sausage Rolls
The savory puff pastry treat of your dreams is now available in Johnsonville style! This classic recipe only needs three ingredients, making it simple, delicious and great for any occasion. Enjoy the flavours in our Mild Italian Sausage Meat for your next family gathering or game day party.
What You Need
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add sausage meat to bowl and mash with hands until thoroughly tenderized.
- Roll out one puff pastry sheet in large rectangle, approximately 1/8″ thick. Form half of the sausage meat into a log approximately 1-1.5″ thick and lay along the short side of the pastry rectangle. Roll up the pastry around the sausage and brush the ends with the beaten eggs to seal. Cut off excess pastry, leaving enough room for seam to sit at the bottom of sausage roll. Repeat with second puff pastry sheet.
- Cut long sausage rolls into preferred lengths, typically 2-3″ logs.
- Spread sausage rolls on baking sheet, leaving 1″ between them. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and meat is cooked. Serve warm or room temperature.