Sausage Bread Pudding
A classic breakfast just got a Johnsonville twist. With our easy bread pudding recipe you can now serve this dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner – and it’s perfect for a stress-free holiday morning. Just throw the ingredients together the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. Try this savoury flavour-blend of Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage, cheddar cheese and onions yourself!
What You Need
2 tbspunsalted butter
1yellow onion, medium and chopped
1 loafwhite or french bread (or preferred type), chopped into 1' cubes
2.5 cupscheddar cheese grated
1/2 cupparsley, chopped
2 cups10% cream
1/4 tspblack pepper, ground
- Grease casserole dish (approximately 9×13″ or 1.5L) with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter of medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break apart while cooking until browned (or approximately 10 minutes). Move cooked sausage into mixing bowl, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Lower heat to medium and add onions and 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir constantly and cook until soft and translucent (approximately 5 minutes). Add onions to mixing bowl with sausage, as well as bread cubes, cheese and parsley. Mix well and spread evenly into casserole dish.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the breading in casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in fridge for a few hours (preferably over night).
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until top is golden. Reduce cooking time if casserole is left at room temperature before going in the oven.