Smoked Sausage Quiche
If you’ve been looking for a way to add a little more sausage and cheddar to your morning routine, we’ve got the recipe for you! Combining our Johnsonville Smoked Pork Cheddar Sausage in a flavourful quiche is the easiest way to prepare a week’s worth of delicious breakfasts in one go (but we won’t judge if it disappears in a day).
What You Need
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (electric)
- Slice sausages in coins, 1/2″ thick. Spread the sliced sausages on the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle the onions and approximately 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of the sausages.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper, in a medium-size bowl. Pour milk mixture over pie crust filling and sprinkle on remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake quiche on middle or lower rack (this will help bake the bottom crust) for 35-45 minutes. Check for doneness periodically; the center of quiche should feel set and not liquidy.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle with basil or parsley. Cut and serve.