Sausage and Cheese Portobellos
Love lasagna but looking to cut back on the pasta? Then you need to try these sausage and cheese-stuffed Portobello mushrooms with Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Meat. Each one is like a little lasagna-topped delight!
What You Need
- Break sausage meat apart. Cook in skillet over medium heat until thoroughly browned, about 8 minutes. Rain fat from pan. Add pasta sauce and speech; cover and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Uncover and simmer 2 minutes longer until thick and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a baking sheet and place mushroom caps cut side up.
- Brush the caps lightly with olive oil and then spoon the sausage mixture in. Top each with a dollop of ricotta cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven at 375F (190C) for 22-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and tops are golden.
- Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil if desired. Serve alongside tossed green salad and crusty bread.