Sausage Eggs Benedict
What was once a fancy brunch idea reserved for special occasions is now an every day kind of treat! Our Sausage Eggs Benedict recipe is easy to make, so you can serve the best for breakfast, lunch and everything in between. Made with our Original Recipe Breakfast Rounds, tender poached eggs, a classic hollondaise sauce and toasted English muffins, you’ll want to try this one every chance you get.
What You Need
3egg yolks, large
2 tsplemon juice
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/2 cupbutter, cut in small cubes
2 tspwhite vinegar
1english muffin*, halved
1/4 cupchives, chopped fine
- Hollandaise Sauce: Place 3 egg yolks, approximately 1/2 tsp salt (or to preference), lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of paprika in blender (can use either stand or handheld). Combine with a few quick pulses. Melt butter in microwave until bubbling and steaming. Drizzle butter slowly into egg yolk while blending on a medium speed. Set mixture aside or continue pulsing for another 20-25 seconds if a thicker sauce is desired.
- Cook Breakfast Sausage Rounds according to package instructions. For most efficient timing, cook sausage while water for poached eggs comes to simmer (see next step).
- Poached Eggs: Add approximately 2″ of water in sauce pan. Add vinegar and 1 tsp of salt to water and bring to simmer over medium high heat. Crack and separate eggs in ramekins or small bowls. Once water is simmering, use spatula to stir water in one direction. While water is still swirling, add 1 egg to centre of swirl, cover pan with a lid and leave for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Toast english muffin halves and plate while waiting for eggs to cook.
- Sausage Eggs Benedict: For each english muffin half, add 1 Breakfast Sausage Round, 1 poached egg and 1 dollop of hollondaise sauce (or to preference). Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and chopped chives.