Italian Sausage Quesadillas
Looking for a speedy week-day meal? You can whip up a batch of our Italian Sausage Quesadillas in less than 30-minutes, ensuring you satisfy all those hungry tummies in no time!
What You Need
1 tbspolive oil
1/2 tspminced garlic
4tortillas (8 inches)
1sliced & roasted red pepper
1 1/2 cupshredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high, warm olive oil. Lower heat to medium and stir in onion and garlic. Cover and let saute for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground sausage to pan, stirring well to mix in vegetables and prevent them from burning. Cook until sausage is fully cooked and brown throughout, about 7-8 minutes. Once done, remove mixture from pan and drain off the grease.
- Take two tortillas and cover each with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese and half the sausage mixture, red pepper and basil leaves. Divide remaining mozzarella and sprinkle on top. Close with the other tortillas.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Place first tortilla in skillet and cook for approximately 2 -3 minutes or until the cheese has slightly melted. Spray top of tortilla with cooking spray and flip, cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat steps with the second tortilla.
- Slice tortillas into four pieces. Serve with heated marinara sauce.