Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
Johnsonville makes every meal great, and this dish is perfect proof! Enjoy this delicate, creamy gnocchi dish with your Johnsonville Italian Sausage, and you’ll realize how perfectly the sausage complements this delicate meal. Whether you need a hearty stomach-filler or a light delicate dish, Johnsonville Italian Sausages are always up for the challenge!
What You Need
- In a large pot, cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain, rinse and return them to the pot.
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the snap peas and red peppers until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Toss into the pot with the reserved cooked gnocchi. In the same skillet, cook and crumble Italian sausage until cooked through (about 8-10 minutes). Transfer sausage to the pot with the vegetables and pasta.
- Over medium-low heat, stir to combine the pasta, vegetables and sausage mixture.
- Add the pesto and light cream; toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Heat through and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- *Substitution: if you can’t find gnocchi, try this easy pesto and cream sauce on any type of pasta. You can also use ¾ cup of frozen peas in place of the snap peas.