Queso Sausage Chalupas
Looking for an easy home recipe inspired by Mexican cuisine? This dish combines our Queso and Pepper Jack Cheese sausages with fresh ingredients the whole family will love. A special thanks to our partner Chef Devan for preparing this amazing recipe!
What You Need
- Preheat the barbeque or oven to 400°F. Cook for 15-20 minutes flipping turning when necessary, to achieve a golden-brown colour.
- Add tomatillos and jalapeno to the grill and roast for about 5 – 10 minutes until lightly charred. Set the sausages aside once they are ready.
- Using a food processor add tomatillo, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, sugar, and lime juice. A liter container and a hand blender will work as well. Set aside.
- In a pan add two tablespoons of grapeseed oil and sear the corn tortillas. Once it is golden brown on one side, for approximately 2-3 minutes, flip and sear the other side. Top with salsa verde on the previously seared side. Remove the paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Top with lettuce, avocado, tomato, and queso fresco. Place the Johnsonville Queso and Pepper Jack Cheese Sausage once all the toppings are on the tortilla, top with salsa verde. Serve immediately.