Ginger Soy Sausage Lettuce Wraps
Expand your kitchen menu with Johnsonville’s Ginger Soy Sausage Lettuce Wraps. Featuring Johnsonville’s Ginger-Soy Flavoured Pork Sausage Meat, this fancy dish was inspired by Asian cuisine and comes together in a flash. Impress your family and friends with this easy, delicious recipe that is perfect for an entrée or appetizer.
What You Need
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey, water, ginger and lime juice until honey is fully disolved. Measure out about 1/3 cup in a small serving bowl and set on the serving platter. Reserve the rest for the skillet.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until until hot (but not smoking). Break up Johnsonville® Sausage Meat into small chunks and add to hot oil, creating an even layer of crumbled sausage. Cook without moving the sausage around until nicely seared on one edge, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add red chili flakes (optional for added spice).
- Use a wooden spoon to continue stirring and break up the pork into small pieces until cooked through, another minute longer. Add the reserved soy sauce and honey sauce. Simmer until liquid reduces slightly and pork is nicely coated, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter, top with spoonful of Ginger-Soy sausage and garnish with diced red pepper, chopped peanuts, and slivered green onions. Serve with lime wedges and extra dipping sauce.