Green Bean Casserole
A Thanksgiving classic gets a Johnsonville twist in this Green Bean Casserole dish. Made with crisp green beans, a flavourful cream sauce, crunchy fried onions and our Johnsonville® Honey Garlic Flavoured Sausages, this recipe will make you a true holiday hero. Try adding your own touch with breadcrumbs or experimenting with different cheeses and sausage flavours.
What You Need
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish (or skillet of similar size).
- Grease/spray another skillet or pan with cooking spray and warm on medium high heat. Saute the onion and garlic with the sausage until meat is cooked through and onions are translucent. Add the green beans and cook until heated through.
- Mix in sour cream, cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup and rice. Remove mixture from heat and pour into casserole dish. Cook while covered for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cook fried onions according to package instructions (if using different fried onions recipe preference).
- Remove dish from oven and uncover. Sprinkle cheese and crispy fried onions over top. Bake unconvered for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and onions brown.