Hassleback Sweet Potatoes
A versatile dish with a sausage-y twist – these sweet potatoes are perfect as a side or main course. They also happen to look amazing on your plate!
What You Need
3 tbspolive oil
1medium onion, chopped
1 cupCanadian cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbspparsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- With a sharp knife, make 1/2 inch cuts along the top of each sweet potato, making sure to not cut all the way through to the bottom.
- Drizzle olive oil over sweet potatoes and wrap each in foil to bake.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until tender.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, cook Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage meat in a pan until browned.
- Add onion to sausage meat mixture.
- Remove potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle sausage mixture into the cuts along the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Top with parsley and Canadian cheddar cheese.