Holiday Breakfast Casserole
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like a breakfast you can make the night before. Prep this time-saver one day, then pop it in the oven for a cheesy, sausage-y, bacon-y family meal that’s all about making the most of your down time.
What You Need
6English muffins, cut into 1-in cubes
1/4 cupbutter, melted
1 cupcheddar cheese, shredded
1 cupmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cuponion, chopped
1/2 cupred pepper, chopped
1/4 cupbacon bits
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle with butter and top with the cheese, onion and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350˚F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.