Instant Pot Stroganoff
Take a classic family-favourite recipe, give it a sausage twist, speed up the cooking time using an Instant Pot, and what do you get? This super simple Instant Pot Sausage Stroganoff. Our Classic-Style Sausage Meat adds just the right amount of seasoning to this comfort-food fav, making preparation extra easy.
What You Need
- Shape sausage meat into 12 meatballs
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add oil and brown meatballs all over, about 6 minutes. Drain and discard any fat.
- Add mushrooms, cook until softened, stirring and scraping up brown bits, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth. Close and lock lid. Turn valve to sealed position. Cook on manual setting for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix water and cornstarch. When cook time is over on Instant Pot, turn valve to Vent for quick release.
- Select saute mode again and adjust to simmer. Add cornstarch slurry and peas. Cook for about 2 minutes until bubbly and thickened. Stir in sour cream (or Greek yogurt), mustard and Worcestershire sauce; cook until just heated through, about 1 minute (do not boil).
- Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.