Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini & Kale
Delicious pasta, fresh greens, and our Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausages: there’s something for everyone in our Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini & Kale. The cheesy pasta and tempting flavours make this a true crowd pleaser for kids and adults alike. Go ahead and have a second bowl (or third), we won’t judge!
What You Need
- Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Using a large sauce pan or Dutch oven, saute sausage in oil for approximately 2-3 minutes, breaking sausage apart. Add onions, carrots and Italian seasoning. Saute until for another 2-3 minutes or until onions soften.
- Add tomatoes (and liquid), stock, kale. Bring to simmer and then reduce heat. Let sit on low simmer for approximately 5-6 minutes. While soup sits, rinse and drain beans, and grate Parmesan cheese.
- Add beans to soup and simmer until beans are heated through. Remove soup from heat and add lemon juice. Add additional salt to taste.
- Divide tortellini into bowls and ladle soup over pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.