Mediterranean Sausage Pasta Salad
Add summer flavour to dinner year-round with this light and zesty Mediterranean Sausage Pasta Salad! Combining classic Mediterranean flavours and our Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage, this recipe serves as an entrée or perfect side.
What You Need
- Prep all ingredients before cooking sausages.
- Spray skillet with cooking oil or use non-stick pan. Add sausages and cook over medium-high heat until browned on both sides (about 5 minutes per side).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and carefully add 1/2 cup of water to skillet. Cover and simmer for another 12 minutes (or until sausages are cooked through).
- Transfer cooked sausages to cutting board. Allow to cool slightly, then coin slice and cover to keep luke-warm.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Over medium heat add chopped onion and allow to cook for 5 minutes (until just softened).
- Add red pepper, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and stir together for another 2 minutes. Stir in olives, artichoke hearts, crushed garlic, cooked pasta, and sliced sausages, stir to combine.
- Serving hot: allow ingredients to heat through in skillet before transferring to serving bowl. Toss with feta, Romano cheese and basil. Mix well.
- Serving cold: Add all skillet ingredients into serving bowl and place in fridge for approximately 20-25 minutes. Once cooled, add feta, Romano and basil. Mix well.