Original Holiday Stuffing
If you like your Thanksgiving turkey to take centre stage, consider a stuffing that’s happy to play a supporting role: our Original Holiday Stuffing. A classic in every sense of the word, this perfect side dish features Johnsonville Original Recipe Bratwurst Sausages – and will have you dreaming of holidays past with every delicious bite.
What You Need
- In a large skillet, brown and cook crumbled sausage until browned. Drain. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté onion, celery and green pepper until tender.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, combine sausage, vegetable mixture, bread stuffing and seasonings.
- Add eggs and broth; toss gently.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a buttered 3 to 4 quart baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325° for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.