Sausage and Pesto Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash, pesto and Johnsonville sausage – delicious alone, divine together! Try something a little more daring this year and combine our Mild Italian Sausage with the delightful flavours of pesto and spaghetti squash.
What You Need
- Preheat oven to 400F and line larger baking sheet with foil or wax paper.
- Carefully halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and stringy parts with spoon or ice cream scoop. Brush the interior of each half with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place cut side down on sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes. When a knife can pierce the skin and flesh easily it is ready. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add cashews, pine nuts, and remaining sea salt to blender and pulse until it forms a fine grind. Add basil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and remaining olive oil and blend into a fine paste. Add more oil, as needed, to help mix the puree and reduce thickness.
- Use a fork to scoop out spaghetti squash strands but leave on top of squash half (or serve on plates if desired). Layer preferred amount of pesto mixture on top of squash strings and carefully toss.
- Add sausage coins on top and garnish with Parmesan cheese or other toppings as desired.