Sausage, Pecan and Cranberry Stuffing
Johnsonville Sausage and sweet and tart cranberries combine with crunchy pecans to give a basic stuffing recipe a whole new look!
What You Need
1/ 12 pkgsJohnsonville® Salt & Pepper Sausage Meat
1 1/2 cupsonion, chopped
2celery stalks, chopped
1/2 cupfresh parsley, minced
2 clovesgarlic, minced
12 cupsday-old bread, cubed
1 can(14 ounces) chicken broth
1/2 cupbutter, melted
2eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp.rubbed sage
1/2 tsp.dried thyme
1 cupchopped pecans, toasted
1 cupdried cranberries
- In a skillet, cook sausage meat over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, breaking into small pieces.
- Add onion and celery; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until sausage meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the broth, butter and eggs and seasonings. Pour over bread; toss to coat.
- Fold in the pecans, cranberries and the sausage mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°F.