Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
Packed with juicy apples and sizzling sausage, this recipe is both easy and delicious!
What You Need
2-3acorn squash, halved
1/2 tbspground sage
1/4 tbspgarlic salt
1celery stalk, chopped
2apples, cored and chopped
1 cupbread crumbs
1 cupparmesan cheese
- Combine butter, garlic salt and half sage. Brush on acorn squash halves.
- Bake acorn squash halves at 400 F for 50 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium pan, cook Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Meat until browned.
- Add onion and celery to the mixture, cook for 5 minutes. Add apples to the sausage meat mixture, book for 2 more minutes.
- Combine sausage meat mixture and breadcumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Add sage, parsley, salt and pepper to the sausage meat mixture.
- Fill the acorn squash cavity with the cooked mixture.
- Place filled acorn squashs back in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400 F.
- Add parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!