This must-try recipe is a classic comforting dish with a sausage-y update. Great for the family and guaranteed to have no left overs!
What You Need
2 tbspcooking oil
2 tsptomato paste
1 cupbeef broth
1 tspWorcestershire sauce
2cloves of garlic
2 tbspall-purpose flour
1/4 cuphalf and half cream
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Place potatoes in water and cook until tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot, add half and half cream, butter, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in yolk combining all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cook until lightly browned. Add garlic, Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Meat, salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage meat mixture, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary and thyme to the sausage meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 12-14 minutes or until thickened.
- Add corn and peas to the sausage meat mixture.
- Spread sausage meat mixture across a baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.