Stacked Tostada Skillet
Looking for a weekday menu or sports night treat that delivers on flavour? This Stacked Tostada comes together easily when you use our Hot Italian Style Sausage Meat layered simply with store-bought salsa, taco sauce and refried beans. Quick to bake and serve, even quicker to enjoy!
What You Need
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a 10-inch cast iron or deep oven-save skillet and set aside.
- Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Add the sausage meat, onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high for 10 minutes or until pink remains. Drain excess fat from the pan, add the salsa to browned meat and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- To assemble: layer 5 tostadas on the bottom of the skillet overlapping, and spread with 1/2 refried beans, 1/2 ground pork and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat.
- Top with 5 tostadas leaving 1-inch border around the edge. (This will allow taco sauce to drip into the skillet during baking.)
- Pour taco sauce on top covering the tostadas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly around the edge and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes then cut into wedges and serve topped with your choice of toppings.