Steaming, succulent and savory. A robust and hearty classic that never goes out of style.
What You Need
1 lblean ground beef
1 mediumonion, chopped
3celery stalks, diced
3garlic cloves, minced
3 cans(14.5 ounces/429 mL each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
2 cans(16 ounces/473 mL each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can(14.5 ounces/429 mL) beef broth
1 can(6 ounces/177 mL) tomato paste
2 Tbsp.brown sugar
2 Tbsp.chili powder
1 Tbsp.Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp.ground cumin
1/2 tsp.crushed red pepper flakes
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked and browned; drain.
- Stir in onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion.