Minestrone Soup with Italian Sausage
If you’re looking for a hearty soup during the cold Winter months, you can’t go wrong with a Classic like Minestrone. Combining fresh ingredients and our Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausages, our Minestrone Soup is the perfect blend of Italian flavours. Whether you need an appetizer or main dish, this recipe covers it all.
What You Need
- Over medium-low heat, cook sausage links in a large soup pot. Turn the sausages after 4-5 minutes and add 1/4 of water. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through.
- Place sausages on cutting board and cut into coins once they have cooled.
- While waiting for sausages to cool, add olive oil to same soup pot, over medium heat. Cook carrots, onion and garlic until wilted, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, zucchini, potato, both stocks and tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in sausage, beans, pasta, and tomatoes. Let simmer for approximately 7-8 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Serve with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese as garnish.